Sunday, August 22, 2010

Salty

Sometimes, I forget how seasoned of a military wife I am. Though I have only been through 3 years of Aaron's 4 in the Marine Corps so far, I would consider myself, "salty". I have been through more in 3 years than anyone should have to go through in their whole married lives. Two deployments and one big injury. My husband continues to move up in rank, and I find myself forgetting that I need to move with him. But then again, I don't really buy into the whole "military family" thing. I did for a time, when I was just his girlfriend. I had "Marine Girlfriend" plastered all over my myspace page. But now, that is just not something I would do. I never got into the "let's all get together and knit things because we are all marine wives!" club. I kept in touch with a lot of other wives, but overall, I don't like being labeled a "Marine Wife". I am just simply "Aaron's Wife". Though, don't get me wrong, I am very proud that God built especially me to be a part of this uncertain military life.  And I am very proud of Aaron and what he does.
What I am trying to say, is that I want to lead a normal life, and not a branded life. Do you see what I am saying? I'm not sure I even do.

The whole reason I started this post was to say that Aaron is away for three weeks up north training with his unit. Seven months away, I can do. It gets easier as time passes. Couple days away: It's kinda like a break. It's just some good alone time. But three weeks! Three weeks just sucks. It's not long, so you can't get used to it because the end is very near in sight. You would think that because I am "salty" that it would be cake having him gone. But this is the longest he has been gone since he came back from Afghanistan. And considering the last long length of time he was gone, he got seriously injured, I have a hard time being away from him for any period of time.

These three weeks are dragging on!

No comments:

Post a Comment